- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Board Director of Cowbellpedia wishes to inform the general public that the registration for the 2019 edition of Cowbellpedia secondary school Mathematics competition commenced on Tuesday, 8th January, 2018.
This was disclosed at the press conference in Lagos by the Managing Director of Promasidor Nigeria Limited, Mr Anders Einarsson. Einarsson is the organizer and sponsor of the competition.
Einarsson in his speech remarked that the 21-year-old initiative is targeted at awarding academic excellence in Mathematics among junior and senior secondary school students within 10 and 18 years age bracket in Nigeria.
Speaking on the initiative, Alhaji Alade from Iba Housing Estate, Ojo claimed that the contest has awaken the spirit of arithmetics in public school students.
He emphasized that female students have over the years performed excellently than their male counterparts.
Alhaji Alade as well commended the efforts of Mr Einarsson for being insightful of such initiative, as it serves as a positive contribution to the education sector in Nigeria.
OJOMEDIALINE learnt the competition is free would take place in three major stages.
The qualifying exams will hold across designated centres on February 9, 2019. Releasing of results on June 1, 2019 and the TV quiz series is slated for June 29, 2019 for winners to emerge.
Mr Einarsson confirmed that overall winners in both categories would go home with N2 million each and an all other educational expenses and other gifts. The first and second runners-up would receive N1.5m and N1m each respectively and their respective teachers to get half a million, N400,000 and N300,000 in their order of performance.