- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Lagos State Government has cleared the air about the authenticity of the coronavirus case in Lagos. According to the Commissioner of Health in Lagos, Professor Akin Abayomi, the suspected virus case is still under investigation while the person is under self-quarantine.
This position was made public via Twitter handle of the commissioner. He stated that the person just returned from a visit to Shanghai, China and he went directly to check if he had contracted the virus.
The case reported in Abuja was later discovered to be a prank by 5 people who are currently in police custody. The pranksters included Peggy Shandi, Abayomi Adedoyin, David Enemigin, Priscilla AJesola and Jacob Oji.
Parading the suspects at the Wuse Zone 3 Divisional Police Station on Saturday, the FCT police spokesman, DSP Anjuguri Manza said the suspects claimed to be “playing out a script about the virus” without the knowledge or authorisation of the relevant authorities of the FCTA.
Coronavirus emanates from China and has spread to more than 25 countries across the world. There are no cases declared yet in any African country while flights from Wuhan region are currently subjected to scrutiny at various locations across the globe.