- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Abideen Muhammed, Lagos
The director of Central Intelligence Agency ( CIA), Gina Haspel promised to brief US lawmakers today, Tuesday, December 4, 2018 over the unjust killing of Khashoggi, a critic of the Saudi government on October 4, 2018. The briefing will take place on Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. local time (16:30 GMT).
Eastern Time, Senator Bob Corker told journalists, after the CIA failed to take part when US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis spoke to senators on the issue last week leading to agitation of some lawmakers at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul where the briefing took place.
Reuters news agency, citing a source familiar with the planned meeting, said Haspel will brief the Republican and Democratic leaders of the Senate Foreign Relations, Armed Services and Appropriations committees. The Reuters source added that the Senate Intelligence Committee already had been briefed by the CIA chief.
Meanwhile, a fellow Saudi dissident and Khashoggi friend living in exile in Canada — Omar Abdelaziz — is suing NSO Group, alleging the Saudi government used NSO’s Pegasus spyware to track his and Khashoggi’s movements and communications leading to his death.