- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
A Nigerian activist, Deji Adeyanju, has accused President Muhammadu Buhari’s government of using the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and soldiers to rig the presidential and National Assembly elections held on February 23rd.
Deji made this accusation via his Twitter handle on Tuesday, March 5. He also suggested that the mother of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, might be arrested soon.
“A lot really happened while I was gone,” Deji wrote.
“They used soldiers and EFCC to conduct elections in Nigeria.”
Deji was recently granted bail by the court after he was arrested by the Nigeria Police for culpable homicide. He spent about 78 days in detention after his release next week.