- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared candidates of All Progressives Congress (APC) winners of the two house of assembly constituencies in Amuwo Odofin area of Lagos State. The results show APC won PDP in the constituency I of the local government with 278 votes.
Prof. Timothy Nubi from the University of Lagos, the Returning Officer of Amuwo Odofin LGA Constituency I, declared Alli-Macaulay emerged winner for Constituency 1 with 7,407 votes while the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dipo Olorunrinu, scored 7,129 votes.
“That Alli-Macaulay Mojisola of APC, having satisfied the requirements of the law and scored the highest number of votes is hereby declared the winner and is returned elected,” Nubi said.
Hon. Dipo is the only member of the PDP who refused to decamp to the APC in the Lagos State House of Assembly.
The candidate of the APC in the Amuwo Odofin Constituency II, Olawale Rauf, was also declared the winner in a result announced by the Returning Officer, Dr Abimbola Sowemimo, also from UNILAG. The APC candidate scored 14,842 votes while the PDP scored 6,104.
Sowemimo said, “That Rauf Olawale Age Suleiman of APC, having satisfied the requirements of the law and scored the highest number of votes is hereby declared the winner and is returned elected.”
Both constituencies were won by the PDP in the 2015 State Assembly elections. However, the candidate of the PDP won the House of Representative election held on February 23rd.