- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The outgoing Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettiman has on Sunday declared Monday, January 21, a public holiday in order to welcome the ruling All Progressives Congress(APC) presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari to the state.
The state government in a public announcement by the Commissioner of Information , Dr. Mohammed Bulama on Sunday declared Monday a work – free day for the President ’ s re -election campaign.
It reads : “ This is to notify the general public that due to the one day visit of His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari, President and Commander- in- Chief of the Armed Forces to Maiduguri , the state capital, tomorrow Monday , 21st January 2019, is hereby declared a public holiday in the entire state.”
“ This is to enable all the good people of Borno State , including workers in both the public and private sectors , as well as students to , as usual , troop out in large numbers to welcome Mr . President to the state.
“ Insha Allah, work resumes on Tuesday, 22nd January, 2019. ”