- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Ben Murray-Bruce, the Senator representing Bayelsa East has reacted to the arrest of Babalele Abdullahi, son-in-law and Finance Director of a group of companies owned by Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
DAILY POST had reported that Abdullahi was arrested by EFCC on Saturday.
Paul Ibe, the Media aide to Atiku Abubakar, confirmed this in a statement on Saturday.
According to him, the arrest was part of the plot to make Atiku concede the result of the just concluded election.
But reacting, Ben Murray-Bruce wrote on Twitter, “Leave @Atiku and his family alone @EFCC and tell us why this plane collapsed while it was still on the ground.
“Arresting @atiku’s loyalists will not help the situation. The inconvenient truth about our present circumstances should make @MBuhari say enough is enough, going forward it must be Nigeria first, not APC or PDP first, or North or South first. Nigeria first each and every time.”