- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has promised to work towards handing over power to the younger generation.
The former vice president said this while speaking at a rally in Calabar, Cross River state, on Friday.
Atiku promised to be the last aged President in the country by being a transitional President if elected as Nigeria’s President in the forthcoming 2019 Presidential election.
According to Atiku, time has come for all to work towards handing over power to a new set of rulers. He said: “When I win the presidential election, I will be a transitional president.” He added: “We will actualized Ayade’s key projects such as the deep seaport, the super highway, etc to create massive jobs for people of the state.”
Recall that Legit.ng previously reported that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar described himself as the bridge between Nigeria’s young and old generations. The candidate stated this in a response to a suggestion by the moderator of the January 30 town hall meeting, Kadaria Ahmed, that his age could constitute a hindrance to his performance.
Atiku, who is 72-years-old, said he had gained experience to be able to relate with Nigerians of all age groups, as a result of his performance as a public official in the past.