- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, had in it’s bulletin released on Friday warned it’s members against intimidation from the Federal Government and Vice Chancellors stating that the ongoing strike is total, indefinite and comprehensive.
The bulletin which was signed by ASUU President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi has not less than 13 points addressed to members of the Union.
The Union reacted to no-work-no-pay rule of the federal government saying “we understand that the no-work, no-pay circular earlier issued by Government to Vice Chancellors had been withdrawn. Our Members are enjoined to be on the watch and prepare for a long drawn out struggle to salvage the university system.
“The NSCC, therefore, enjoin all members of ASUU to remain steadfast and resolute on the face of any intimidation and antics employed by government through Vice Chancellors or Governing Council to undermine the ongoing struggle.
“Remember that the strike is total, indefinite and comprehensive. Therefore, there shall be no teaching in any program, no attendance of statutory meetings (council, Senate, congregation, boards, etc), no examination of any sort, no Convocation, no inaugural lectures, no accreditation exercise, etc.”
He then stated that any member found breaching the strike shall be sanctioned in accordance to the disciplinary procedure of the Union.