- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Two teachers of Army Cantonment Girls Junior Secondary school, Ojo – Mrs Ogunyemi and Mrs Okpara, forcefully removed hijab of a student on Tuesday, November 13.
This action is a disregard for a directive that was purportedly issued on the same day by the state government via the Tutor-Generals/Permanent Secretaries of Lagos State Ministry of Education.
The new directive allows students to wear hijab that matches the skirt of their uniform. Also, principals and teachers are warned to stop punishing students for wearing hijab.
According to our investigation, the affected student is Miss Khadijah Adewunmi Ajayi, and these teachers went further to seize her school.
Efforts to reach the school principal proved abortive as we seek to clarify the school position on the event and its contravention of the state government’s directive.