- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Babajide Sanwo-Olu was asked what is top three priorities would be within 100days Of his administration if voted as governor,The APC governorship candidate said he would tackle the traffic.
The Lagos All Progressive Party(APC) governorship candidate said this on Sunday at the Lagos governorship debate organised by The Platform
He said, “Out of the 62 traffic gridlocks that we have identified, some are low-hanging that we can resolve within the first 60 days.
“Some are short- to medium- and long-term; so, the first 60 days is to solve the ones that are low hanging, which are about 20.”
Within the first 100 days, I will tackle the gridlock at Apapa. I will need to clear up all the traffic and all the trailers at Apapa. I’ll make sure it’s a nightmare we will not see again.”
Sanwo-Olu also said within that same time, he would engage the private and public sectors on how to drive the economy.
He said, “We will have an international discourse with all the stakeholders in the private sector to ensure that the Lagos 21st Century kicks off earnestly.
“Within the same space, I’ll convene a town hall meeting to tell the public service that we have new ways that we will be engaging ourselves. We are going to be making promises to Lagosians and all issues that concern them will be resolved.”
Sanwo-Olu also said he would ensure his cabinet was formed and running within the first 100 days.