- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Lagos State Government has approved the appointment of Mr Hakeem Muri-Okunola as the state’s 21st Head of Service (HOS). The newly appointed HOS is noted to be just 47 years old and he will be the youngest HOS in the history of Lagos Civil Service.
This appointment was revealed in a statement issued by Chief Press Secretary Governor Ambode, Mr Habib Aruna, on Sunday, December 30. The statement stated that Mr Okunola’s appointment follows the statutory retirement of former HOS, Mrs Folasade Sidikatu Adesoye, on December 27, 2018.
“Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode on Sunday approved the appointment of Mr Hakeem Olayinka Muri-Okunola as 21st Head of Service (HOS) in the State,” the statement reads in part.
“Mr Muri-Okunola was appointed as The Executive Secretary, Land Use and Allocation Committee (LUAC), a position he held between 2005 – 2011. Until his appointment, he was the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Youth and Social Development.”
“Governor Ambode thanked the outgoing HOS, Mrs Adesoye for her meritorious service to the State and wished her well in her future endeavours.”
The Governor also appointed new six Permanent Secretaries who will be sworn in along with the new HOS on Monday, December 31 at the Lagos House, Alausa, Ikeja. The new permanent secretaries are They include Dr. (Mrs) Goncalves Titilayo Fausat; Mr Kosoko Hakeem Adeyemi; Dr. (Mrs) Balogun Sherifat Bolajoko; Mr Adeniji Segun Olufemi; Mrs Adelaja Abosede Omobolanle and Dr Lawal Lateef Temidayo.