- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Governor Akinwui Ambode commissioned a 500 seater lecture theatre donated to Lagos State University (LASU) by the Chairman of Caverton Group, Mr Aderemi Makanjuola.
The commissioning was part of the events to mark the 70th birthday of the Mr Makanjuola on November 22.
While speaking at the commissioning, Governor Ambode on behalf of the Lagos State University wished the celebrant a happy birthday and commented that Mr Remi is laying enviable example to those that are also richly blessed and that his patriotism is significantly to add value to the university.
He as well disclosed that Lagos State performs a governance of continuity and that the incoming governor will continue with several projects that are yet to be completed in the university.
In honouring Mr Aderemi, dignitaries at the event included the Chief Missioner of Ansar-Ud-Deen Society of Nigeria; Shiekh Abdul Rahman Ahmaf, the Oba of Lagos; Oba Rilwan Akiolu, the Vice Chancellor; Prof. Lanre Fagbohun, Lagos State University Pro-Chancellor; Prof. Adebayo Ninalowo, the donor’s wife; Mrs Yoyinsola Makanjuola and their children, the donor’s teacher; Alhaji Jimoh Adisa Gbadamosi, among others.
Describing the celebrant in the commissioning speech of Prof. Akin Oyebode, Mr Aderemi is a philanthropist that loves to impact in the educational sector as this project is not the first of its kind which he championed.
It could be recalled that he donated a lecture theatre on Friday, January 26, 2018, in memory of his late mother; Alhaja Adiat Makanjuola to Summit University, Offa, Kwara State.