- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Oba Mufutau Hamzat the popularly known biological father of the deputy governor-elect of Lagos state has been said to have passed on last night. Here are interesting things you need to know about him:
1) He is a veteran political big wig in Lagos since the moribund Second Republic of 1979-1983.
2) His political godfatherism is majorly based in Mushin area of Lagos.
3) He is a friend to Tinubu and one of his political strongman.
4) He is a political mentor to the present National Legal Adviser, All Progressive Congress, Dr Muiz Banire (SAN) whom he literarily discovered on the street of Mushin.
5) Till his point of death, he was a rulling monarch in Ogun state which is a neighboring state to Lagos state.
Does this mean that Dr Obafemi Hamzat is from Ogun state?
6) One of his sons Hon. Ganiyu Oladunjoye Hamzat is a ranking member of the House of Representatives and as well a member of the lower chamber of the National Assembly since 2003.
7) He was a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly and also as a Commissioner for Transportation in the state between1979 and 1983 before becoming the one time Vice-Chairman SW of then Alliance for Democracy (AD).
8) His Janazah is currently ongoing at Ogun state.