- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Garba Ahmadu, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Murtala Muhammed International Airport Command says it arrested 64 drug traffickers between January and August.
Ahmadu is said to have reported this to journalists on Thursday saying the accused comprises fifty five males and nine females.
He said the total drug seizure within the slated months stood at 260.202kg, which comprise of 20.360kg of cocaine, 14.040 heroine, 112.242 cannabis sativa, 84.920 methamphetamine and 24.140kg of ephedrine in whole.
According to him, a 55 years old Kouassi JeanPaul otherwise known as Eze Ikechukwu was arrested on June 10, 2019.
The suspect who would be arraigned today was said to have swallowed 80 wraps of methamphetamine on his way to Jakarta, Indonesia.
Prior to Ikechukwu’s arrest, he was unable to excret a wrap of the Methamphetamine he swallowed after excreting seventy nine of them.
He was afterwards taken to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) on June 27, 2019 for surgery having been referred from the Nigeria Air Force clinic.
Ahmadu in his speech warned Nigerians from indulging in such act as four lives have been lost in the cause of drug trafficking recently.