- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
A 5-point demand has been presented to the Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government by Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the just concluded presidential election.
The former vice president presented his demands to the president during a meeting with a delegation led by the former head of state and chairman of the National Peace Committee (NPC), General Abdulsalam Abubakar (rtd), Vanguard reports.
Legit.ng gathers that Atiku, who met Abdulsalami in the presence of his running mate, Peter Obi, and other PDP chieftains, warned that tensions are building up in the land.
He reportedly demanded for the following:
1. Unfreezing of bank accounts belonging to opposition politicians.
2. Demilitarization of subsequent elections.
3. Accreditation of voters before voting in subsequent elections.
4. INEC should open its back end server to all participating parties.
5. Release of all politicians detained illegally by the federal government.