- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Cholera is a water borne diseases usually caused by unclean environment and contaminated water system. Okokomaiko today posses most of the cause of Cholera. Hence if situation not addressed, Okokomaiko is at risk of cholera outbreak.
These are some of the reasons why Okokomaiko might witness cholera outbreak soon.
Poor Drainage system in Okokomaiko
Okokomaiko drainage system is not appropriate. Up to 95% of the streets lack drainage. Places where there is no drainage system, the environment remains unclean.
Poor Sanitation programme in Okokomaiko
Sanitation programme is not well addressed in Okokomaiko. Majority of people staying in Okokomaiko do not take sanitation serious. They all fails to clean their environment as at when due.
Food and drink exposure in Okokomaiko
The foods sellers in okokomaiko expose their products. It is quite easy for products in Okokomaiko to be contaminated before the consumer get its. Cholera spreads faster in an environment where foods and drinks are expose.