- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus has urged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), to disqualify the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC President Muhammadu Buhari in 16 February polls.
Secondus said this while addressing audiences during PDP rally at the Pa Oruta Ngele Township Stadium, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
He alleged that the mammoth crowd as witnessed at the Sani Abacha township stadium, venue of Thursday’s APC presidential rally in Kano were not Nigerians but invited foreigners from neighboring counties like Niger and Chad.
“Now on behalf of our great party, let me warn INEC, that what we witnessed yesterday at Buhari’s rally in Kano is the worse that even happened since the history of this country where mercenaries and government officers like governors and President of other countries came in their numbers from Niger Republic and Chad”, he said.
“They came with monies and mercenaries to influence elections in Nigeria. All the papers have reported it.
“Now we ask, INEC, the unbiased umpire to disqualify Buhari for bringing mercenaries to influence elections in Nigeria.
“INEC better be warned, you cannot rig this election, we have won these elections, every where we have been, we have attracted more youth and women than APC.”