- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Federal Government has declared Friday, February 22, 2019, as a public holiday , in preparation for the February 23 Presidential and National Assembly elections.
Minister of Interior, Lt. Gen . Bello Dambazau ( retd ) , made the declaration in Abuja on Wednesday.
The Ministry of Interior in a statement on Wednesday night by the Permanent Secretary , Ministry of Interior, Georgina Ehuriah , however , excluded bankers and those offering essential services across the nation.
It said , “ The Federal Government declares Friday, February 22, 2019, as work -free day . Those providing essential duties and bankers are excluded.
“ The work -free day is to enable citizens return to their polling units for the reschedule Presidential and National Assembly elections.”
“ Security agencies have been directed to ensure safety of lives and property before , during and after the general election , ” the statement added .