- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
China on Wednesday, February, 27, congratulated Muhammadu Buhari on his re-election as president of Nigeria.
Nigeria is China’s strategic partner of cooperation in Africa Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang said at a daily news conference in Beijing.
“China always attaches high importance to bilateral ties and stands ready to work with the new Nigerian government to strengthen exchanges and cooperation in various fields and bring more benefits to the two peoples,” Lu said.
Nigeria’s Independent National Electoral Commission announced early Wednesday that incumbent Buhari, also the candidate of the governing All Progressives Congress party, topped the poll with 55.6% of the total valid votes in the presidential election.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that presidents of Ghana, Niger and Senegal have called President Buhari to congratulate him few minutes after the chairman of INEC announced the 2019 presidential election result.